I am currently employed as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Gothenburg, working on the ERC Consolidator Project dSynMA (Distributed Synthesis from Single to Multiple Agents), led by Nir Piterman.
I am interested in the application of formal methods for the modelling, analysis, and verification of programs, smart contracts, and legal contracts. I am also interested in the application of blockchain to real-world problems.
Committee Membership and Peer Reviewing
- VMCAI 21 - Artifact Committee Member
- CONCUR 20 - Sub-Reviewer
- RV 17, 20 - Sub-Reviewer
- University of Gothenburg / Chalmers University:
- TDA567/DIT082 (2020) - Testing, Debugging, and Verification
- University of Malta (Teaching Assistant):
- CPS1002/5200 (2016-2020) - Mathematics of Discrete Structures
- CPS1005 (2016-2020) - Mathematics of Discrete Structures
- ICT3009 (2019-2020) - Blockchain and Smart Contracts
- CLarva: Performs partial static analysis of symbolic Java monitors (used mainly as a pre-processing step for the Larva monitoring tool).
- solidCLarva: A counterpart to CLarva for the Solidity smart contract language (used mainly as a pre-processing step for the contractLarva monitoring tool).
- Solidity CFG Builder: Builds control-flow graphs (as data structures and visualisations) of Solidity smart contracts.
- bpmn_to_solidity: Compiles BPMN process models into Solidity smart contracts.
- Partial DL Conflict Finder: Performs best-attempt conflict checking of partial deontic logic formulas.
- contractLarva (contributor): Interleaves Solidity smart contracts with symbolic monitoring or enforcing logic.
I have experience working on several software projects, including the following technologies:
- Front-end development: ReactJS, React Native, Expo, Ionic, HTML5, CSS
- Back-end development: Spring-boot, Node.JS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Express, Ethereum
- Areas: FinTech, RegTech, Blockchain
University of Malta
- 2016-2020: Ph.D. in Computer Science
- 2014-2016: M.Sc. (Hons.) in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- 2010-2014: B.Sc. (Hons.) in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics